For those wondering what the source of the fat calories were, I’ve created two more graphs telling that story. Answer: vast majority of added fat calories in the American diet 1970-2010 come from soybean oil.
The ketogenic diet: anti-inflammatory effects and the prevention of disease, especially cancer. A critical review of a selection in vitro, animal model, and randomized controlled trial research.
October 9, 2019
January 14, 2020
Which industries are spending more money to influence policymakers: Big meat or Big sugar? The answer may surprise you!
July 16, 2020
August 24, 2019
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- David Saenger I have been using a Whoop device for 3.5 years. It isn't perfect, but I stick with it because it seems accurate most of the time. They also claim to have a study that validates their device. Are you...
- Steve This was an excellent and eye opening review. It is shocking, to see how authors can brazenly distort studies to explicitly say that the authors stated something whereas the original study stated the...
- Rob Palmer Agreed, and that holistic style of thinking is one of the things I like most about the work that Buettner has done. In case you're interested, below is an article from the Blue Zones people about the...
- Erik Arnesen Note that Buettner and the other "Blue Zones" people don't attribute longevity to diet per se, or any one factor.
- Amit Deshwar Kevin, Can you elaborate on the issues with your diet during your year of poverty? Was it an issue of macro or micro nutrients? Or something else?