Professor Timothy Noakes is well known in the world of science. His work has played an important role in the world of sports science. He has published more than 400 scientific articles–a remarkable and unusual feat of...Read More
1. The desire for total self-reliance leads to the belief that one can and should have a competent opinion on everything; 2. The belief that one should have a competent opinion on everything leads to a lack of nuance, since...Read More
Want to write a best-selling pseudoscientific diet book? Look no further. Follow these tried-and-tested rules, and you too are guaranteed to have your very own pseudoscientific diet book best-seller. 1. Pick a calorie-dense,...Read More
Good Low-Carb, Bad Low-Carb: Many low-carbohydrate diet gurus constantly lie. It doesn’t have to be that way.
I do not pretend that I am the final judge of scientific fact. Sometimes—or even often—I am wrong. My emphasis is on intellectual humility, an openness to evidence, and a respect for the weight of that evidence. It is important...Read More
The distinction between ideology and fraud is commonly asserted, but strikes me as false. Both ideology and fraud are premised on the privileging of personal interest or feelings over a serious-minded respect for facts. Both...Read More
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Andros Would also like to know
- J Mass Has there been a proven placebo/nocebo result from a commercial wearable? I ask because simply interfacing with a competent looking person in a white coat can give you placebo effects even if you're...
- engqwslish Just curious, what was the response of PV to your thesis? You sent it to them correct? You are challenging their work I would think to be totally transparent there would be a back and forth.
- David Lovely What is the source for learning the amount Attia charges his patients?
- nightengale I wish we could do this. I'm surrounded by these charlatan types.